Every fence will show signs of deterioration and damage over time due to wear and tear, weather conditions and shifting ground. The way to extend the life of your fence is with regular upkeep, annual inspections and quick fence repair in Lafayette, CO.
Weather extremes, like snow, ice, and rain take a toll on fencing materials. Insects can bore in, undermining the structural stability of the fence. The ground can shift, causing your gate and posts to sag. Rot can set in due to moisture damage and the natural effect of time. Boards can crack, fasteners can come loose, holes can appear.
The best way to find problems early is with yearly inspections. It might take an hour of your time, but it is an investment in the life of your fence. Experts, like the team here at Snowy Peak Fencing, recommend that you check:
- Boards for signs of termite damage, including sawdust and holes.
- Posts for signs of decay or weakening. Check especially at the base, above and below ground. This is where moisture can cause rot.
- Railings for signs of weakness and decay. Give them a good push. If they give way, check with a fence professional. He can tell you what is causing the trouble and what is the most cost-effective way to fix it.
- Fasteners and hardware for signs of loose nails and screws, and corrosion and rust.
- Sags in gates and posts. These are often caused by shifting ground. Fixing it can get tricky, so be sure to call in a fence repair professional in Lafayette, CO, for expert help. Also, check the gate. If it sags, it could be that parts of the gate are wearing out.
When you find problems, fix them right away. It is much less expensive to replace a single board now than an entire section of fence next year.
If you don’t want to worry about your fence maintenance chores, have a fence repair expert do it in Lafayette, CO. The team at Snowy Peak Fencing work with fences every day. They know what to look for, identify the source of trouble, and fix it quickly. They can inspect your fence yearly and seal wood fences, a project that needs to be done every two or three years.
Scheduled maintenance by a fence professional is a cost-effective approach for your fence, one that can extend the life of your fence by many years. It also means you don’t have to spend your free time working on the fence. Instead, you can use it relaxing with family and enjoying your hobbies.
For a free, no-obligation quote for fence repair in Lafayette, CO, call the experts at Snowy Peak Fencing today.