Make the Most of Your Investment–Choose Cedar Fencing
Worried about the cost of fencing your property? It isn’t cheap. But a professionally built fence is one of the best ways to add future curb appeal to your home and yard. It also increases its livability for you and your family today.
You have so many choices for fence materials, like chain link, vinyl, composite, metal, and of course wood. Wood fences are the most popular.
And of the many choices that wood offers, cedar fencing in Arvada, CO, is by far the choice of people who want an attractive, sturdy and long-lasting fence. The experts at Snowy Peak Fencing, the cedar specialists in the local area, say the best reason to choose cedar is because it is so versatile.
Cedar Goes with All Types of Designs
Cedar is one of the most adaptable of all wood species when it comes to fencing. Whether your choice is privacy or picket cedar can do the job.
- Privacy fence: For families who want an attractive but effective privacy fence, cedar is by far the most common material in use. It is a very strong wood that stays upright and true throughout its long lifespan.
- Modern design fence: horizontal wood fences are becoming more and more common. In fact, horizontal privacy fences are giving the conventional vertical privacy fence a run for its money. This type of design gives any property a streamlined look. Cedar adapts easily, adding strength and functionality.
- Picket fence: This is one of the most traditional of all fences. Though usually painted white, it is not unusual to see cedar fencing in the picket style. It can be painted the conventional white or stained a natural hue.
- Lattice fence: This choice lets in more air and light than a standard privacy fence, but limits what people can see. Cedarwood works well for this design.
- Rail fence: Cedar is sturdy, giving the very open rail fencing design a long life. It can be painted, stained or left natural.
Cedar Is Pest Resistant
One of the biggest advantages of cedar fencing in Arvada, CO, is its many helpful natural properties:
- Natural oils help it resist pests like termites. These oils also give the wood added protection from moisture damage.
- Air pockets throughout the wood that provide small amounts of insulation. These pockets help to keep the area close to the fence slightly warmer in winter and a bit cooler in summer.
- These pockets also help reduce noise. According to a scientific study testing several types of building materials, cedar absorbs about 70 percent of the sound around it. In the study, the only other material that came close was concrete.
Cedar Is Beautiful Throughout Its Lifespan
When its first installed, homeowners love the beautiful look of their new cedar fencing in Arvada, CO. Over the coming years, the fence keeps its natural beauty, always enhancing the beauty of the property.
If you love the original look, you can keep it by staining your cedar fence. This should be reapplied every two to three years.
Many homeowners enjoy the natural aging process of cedar. It gradually turns to a silvery patina that adds an elegant look to your property.
Cedar Is Durable
Cedar fences commonly last 10 to 25 years with regular upkeep. And there are many fences in the area that have lasted years, even decades, longer than that.
Cedar is a sturdy wood that resists damage from pests, rot, and moisture. That ensures that it has a very durable choice. Once you get the fence up, all you need to do is scrub it once a year to get rid of dirt and moss and stain it every two to three years. Check it over annually, looking for damage. Tighten screws and repair cracks as they happen.
When you maintain your fence consistently, you are assured that it will last for many years, looking beautiful and standing tall the entire time.
Cedar—the Cost-Effective Choice
Cedar is one of the most cost-effective fencing materials you can choose. Homeowners on a budget often bypass it and go with a material with lower upfront costs. If you’re worried about the initial outlay, you might want to take a second look.
Your big expense is the original building cost. After that, you have minimal outlay for maintenance, both in dollars and in effort. Cedar lasts for years, much longer than many other woods. It stays attractive, adding beauty and curb appeal to your property.
When you analyze the benefits from a long-term perspective, cedar fencing in Arvada, CO, is an excellent investment for today, enhancing your home’s livability and beauty. It is a wise investment in the future value of your property. Homebuyers love cedar fences because it has so many advantages.
The Cedar Fence Specialists
Snowy Peak Fencing is committed to designing and building a fence that meets your specific needs and does it reliably, durably and with beauty. Snowy Peak Fencing is the cedar fencing specialist. We also handle other types of wood. Need advice about the best type of your design and budget requirements? The team at Snowy Peak is always happy to discuss your options and answer your questions.
We recommend cedar fencing because it handles so many fencing needs, does it attractively and requires very little upkeep. Our team can design a fence that fits in with your home’s exterior décor, blends in seamlessly with your landscaping design, and does the job you want your fence to accomplish.
In addition, Snowy Peak does wood fence maintenance and repair, designs and installs wood decks, as well as resurfacing and repair, and installs retractable awnings.
Call the experts at Snowy Peak Fencing today for a free, no-obligation quote for cedar fencing in Arvada, CO.